This page explains how we will use money given in sponsorship. To donate now either Click Here to Donate as an Individual or click the icon
Any donations received via our Donation page or via our Text Message donation system will go directly to the charities with the only money deducted being the charges associated with using the various donation platforms.
To donate using your phone, simply send the word ATLANTIC followed by the amount you want to give in complete pounds to 70520. (the default is £10 if no numbers added), i.e. Text ATLANTIC5 to donate £5
Corporate Sponsorship Charter
- Wrekin Rowers are self-funding their entry into the Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge in December 2021 (#TWAC2021)
- We are fundraising for two charities – The Royal National Institute for the Blind (RNIB) and Severn Hospice which serves, Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin and Mid Wales
- Sponsors can choose to donate equipment, or specifically instruct us to use their donation for equipment purchase to be used by Wrekin Rowers for the challenge
Within three months of completing the event, all proceeds from the sale of sponsored equipment, will be distributed equally between the RNIB and Severn Hospice
- Money received from corporate sponsorship will only be used on items which promote both the event and the team. The aim is to maximise our ability to raise money for our chosen charities.
Examples (but not limited to) of this type of expenditure would be: Creation of promotional material including video production; travel costs to an event to support charitable fund raising; the adding of logos to the boat and clothing.
- A full income and expenditure analysis will be available upon request, following the completion of both the event and the sale of specific donated items.